We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Outdoors Group of Unit 72, Basepoint Exeter, Marsh Barton, Exeter, Devon, EX2 8LB.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US.
- You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide if you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, make a booking on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
WE USE THE FOLLOWING COOKIES:
|_fbp||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.||3 months|
|YSC||.youtube.com||Advertisement||YSC cookie is set by Youtube and is used to track the views of embedded videos on Youtube pages.||session|
|VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE||.youtube.com||Advertisement||A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface.||5 months 27 days|
|yt-remote-device-id||youtube.com||Advertisement||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.||never|
|yt.innertube::requests||youtube.com||Advertisement||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||never|
|yt.innertube::nextId||youtube.com||Advertisement||This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen.||never|
|yt-remote-connected-devices||youtube.com||Advertisement||YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video.||never|
|_gcl_au||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Analytics||Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services.||3 months|
|_ga||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Analytics||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day|
|_gat_gtag_UA_77133078_1||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Analytics||Set by Google to distinguish users.||1 minute|
|__hstc||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Analytics||This is the main cookie set by Hubspot, for tracking visitors. It contains the domain, initial timestamp (first visit), last timestamp (last visit), current timestamp (this visit), and session number (increments for each subsequent session).||1 year 24 days|
|hubspotutk||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Analytics||HubSpot sets this cookie to keep track of the visitors to the website. This cookie is passed to HubSpot on form submission and used when deduplicating contacts.||1 year 24 days|
|CONSENT||.youtube.com||Analytics||YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data.||2 years|
|__cf_bm||.hubspot.com||Functional||This cookie, set by Cloudflare, is used to support Cloudflare Bot Management.||30 minutes|
|__hssc||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Functional||HubSpot sets this cookie to keep track of sessions and to determine if HubSpot should increment the session number and timestamps in the __hstc cookie.||30 minutes|
|PHPSESSID||outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Necessary||This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users’ unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.||session|
|__hssrc||.outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Necessary||This cookie is set by Hubspot whenever it changes the session cookie. The __hssrc cookie set to 1 indicates that the user has restarted the browser, and if the cookie does not exist, it is assumed to be a new session.||session|
|elementor||outdoorsgroup.co.uk||Necessary||This cookie is used by the website’s WordPress theme. It allows the website owner to implement or change the website’s content in real-time.||never|
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
INFORMATION YOU GIVE TO US.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU.
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM OTHER SOURCES.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH SELECTED THIRD PARTIES INCLUDING:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in EX20). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
WE MAY DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If The Outdoors Group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure servers operated by a third party. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by emailing us at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.